Tour Auto Optic 2000: second list of entries
The year’s most eagerly-awaited historic rally, the Tour Auto Optic 2000 (20 – 25 April 2020) will kick off in a just few months The selection committee met in January to draw up the second list of entries. A brief look at some of the beautiful cars at the start of the 29th event, which will link Paris and Marseille!
Great german cars
- BMW 507 – 1959: exceptionally, this extremely rare car will quit the BMW museum in Munich for the Tour Auto Optic 2000. It will be driven by a duo with a high media profile, Chapatte-Lucas.
- BMW M1 Procar – 1979: this out-and-out sports racing Group IV M1 entered by Nicolas Leroy-Fleuriot can be seen on the Peter Auto stand from 5th February onwards at the Rétromobile Show in Paris.
Porsche too will be spotlighted this year with the make’s prototypes to which the Tour Auto Optic 2000 theme pays homage with some new competitors. They also complete the first list of entries which includes:
- One 1961 Porsche 356 Carrera Abarth.
- Two 1956 Porsche 550 As.
- Two 1963 and 1965 Porsche 904 Carerra GTSs.
- Six Porsche 906 Carrera 6s, all from 1966. Only 75 of these cars were produced!
- Four Ferrari 250 GT Lussos from 1963: a true icon as it is without doubt one of the most beautiful grand touring cars ever to come out of Maranello. It is impossible to mention this model without referring to the entry of three short-chassis Ferrari 250 GTs. Will the Prancing Horse succeed in taming French roads?
- The Ferrari 308 Gr IV Michelotto from 1980: it’s as rare as it’s fast and only 15 308 GTBs were produced by Giuliano Michelotto in Padua.
- The Lancia Stratos HF from 1975: rallies are its playing field so it’s back on familiar territory!
The Tour Auto Optic 2000’s recipe: a clever mix of passion for the motor car, gastronomy and discovery of heritage. So it’s no great surprise that the entry list includes participants from beyond French borders among them Argentinean (19), Swiss (18) Hong Kong (1) and Mexican competitors (2). Helping aesthetes from all over the world to discover France, its history and its wealth of tastes is also part of the magic of the Tour Auto Optic 2000.
There still a few places left for the Tour Auto Optic 2000 incredible adventure. The selection committee is still reviewing the different applications. What will be the last cars to join the caravan of the 29th running of the Tour Auto Optic 2000? More news – soon!