Grand Prix de l’Age d’Or
Circuit Dijon-Prenois ; 8-10 June 2018
Peter Auto starting organising this event again in 2014, and this blue-riband meeting in the world of historic racing has now recaptured its past glory. The drivers love its circuit that has been totally revamped; and the “art de vivre bourguignon” makes it a choice rendezvous.
The Grand Prix de l’Age d’Or is the oldest historic event for racing cars on the calendar and in June it will celebrate its 54th anniversary and its 14th on the famous Dijon-Prenois circuit, which has been given a major revamp. Thus for the last half-century this great classic has survived and its name is now one of the best-know in Europe.
In addition, since 2014 the Grand Prix de l’Age d’Or is back in the hands of its former promoter, Peter Auto, whose aim is to apply the experience it has acquired in its benchmark events like Le Mans Classic to the Dijon meeting to which it will bring its numerous grids joined by hand-picked guest series.
The 2017 event confirmed the success of this new format with an attendance of 15 000 spectators. This year Peter Auto will bring along seven grids to delight the public plus a newcomer, the 2.0L Cup, and the guest grids, the Legend Trophy and Global Endurance Legends.
The makes clubs, other privileged players in events organised by Peter Auto, brought together many collectors and fans who could, if they so wished, enjoy sessions reserved for them to lap the track at the wheel of their own cars. All the paddocks were open to the public enabling them to see cars and drivers up close. In addition, numerous stands sold scale models, books, accessories and motor car souvenirs of all kinds rounding off the wide range of attractions on offer at the Grand Prix de l’Age d’Or.
Grids by Peter Auto
• NEW 2.0L Cup – Porsche 911 2-litre short chassis with FIA pre-66 regulations.
• Classic Endurance Racing 1 – GT 1966-1974 & Protos 1966-1971
• Classic Endurance Racing 2 – GT 1975-1981 & Protos 1972-1981
• Euro F2 Classic – Formula 2, Formula B and Formula Atlantic 1967-1978
• Heritage Touring Cup – Touring Cars 1966-1984
• Sixties’ Endurance – Sports Cars pre-63 & GTs pre-66
• The Greatest’s Trophy – Pre-1966 exceptional models
• Legend Trophy – Pre-war grand prix and sports cars
• NEW Modern Manufacturer Series – GT & Protos from the 1990s to the 2000s